Monday, October 29, 2007

Summary of 2.0

These lessons have shown me that there are many applications for libraries to explore which will amaze and delight our users.
My most favorite discoveries were the image resources. I have had a digital camera for a few
years now and never tried to load my pictures onto my computer. Now I feel confident in trying this and might even load some pictures onto Flickr.
Working in a library I feel like I practice lifelong learning everyday, but this program has opened up a whole new world of Internet tools that will be helpful to me and library users.
Besides learning about all the cool stuff that you can do on the Internet, I told a friend (who does not work in a library setting) about my blog and now she wants to create her own blog and possibly try some of the 2.0 lessons. The fact that I knew something about the Internet that she did not know (and she's pretty Internet savvy) was an unexpected surprise!
I would like to continue the follow-up lessons so that I can become an Internet guru (like LB, BS & MM)--as if...!

1 comment:

Barbrarian said...

Yaaayyy! Glad you finished.